NOTES: CRESTWOOD ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION SINGLE-MEMBER DISTRICT (SMD) AND CRESTWOOD CITIZENS ASSOCIATION JOINT MEETING (annual meeting)
Tuesday, May 17, 2022; 7:00 PM by Zoom
- Welcome and Introductions (Board Members)
2. 2022-2023 CCA Board Candidates (position and years/terms in office)
- Thank yous!
- o Aging in Place (Jackie Jackson, Yvonne Baskerville)
- o Green Team (Danielle Reyes & Doug Barker)
- o Kids team (Caitlin Clark)
- o Issues Team (Peter Richman) (???)
- o Dog station volunteers
- § George Chaconas (takes care of benches as well)
· President - Hala Harik Hayes
· First Vice President - Doug Barker
· Second Vice President - John Favazzo
· Secretary - Pat Kennedy
· Communications Director(s) - Victoria and Michael Earls
· Treasurer - Carey DeMatteis
· Additional Member - Dallas Salisbury (Working on mailing to folks in CW to determine who need aging in place and are not electronically plugged-in)
o Members in good standing will receive an email this evening with a link to vote. Vote will remain open for 48 hours.
3. CCA Updates
o Treasurer’s Report
§ Surplus, b/c no holiday party – will use for Spring events.
o CCA Membership Directory update - online directory. Will distribute postcard to all Crestwood homes with info about opting in to new directory.
o Upcoming Events
§ May 20: Crestwood Traffic Safety Walkthrough (begins at 16th & Blagden) – W/councilmember Lewis George – child hit by car on Blagden (work with DDOT to see what we can do) – Friday at 3:30 (also arranged DDOT director and his staff) – meet at 16th and Blagden. Request for traffic events ahead of time.
§ May 22: Spring Picnic (Triangle Park) - potluck. Dessert provided by John Mahshie & Jay Fazio. Also a bounce house! – Bring things to grill
§ Rock Creek Conservancy Summer in the Parks Events at Carter Barron
· 5 - 7 pm on Weds June 1, 8, 15, and 22
· Carter Barron Box Office Circle
· Next e-cycle event at The Triangle, Saturday, June 11th from 9-10 am (fills up very early)
· July 4: 4th of July Parade
o May-August: 3rd Saturday/Sunday of the month events
o Summer Programming - looking for sponsors for Summer events & mobile paper shredding event in Fall (note re. noise of paper shredder trucks)
· Ice cream social?!?!
· Jazz in park - highlight local bands?
· Late-August – outdoor movie night, possibly on Colorado
· Other updates:
o successful first ever seed exchange and second ever plant exchange;
o guided tour of RCP;
o looking for weed warriors (3 people – registered with NPS and able to remove invasives)
4. CCA Communications
· 80% approval of moving to online directory.
· Don’t want to be printing things twice if possible
· Advance notice of ANC and reporting out
· Posting notices on Website, emails, and newsletter
· Physical community board.
· Michael provided an overview of CCA communications vision:
o Acknowledgement re. inclusive communications for both those online and less/not online per Dallas stated concerns
o Three goals for CCA communications: (1) CCA events/updates; (2) Relevant DC neighborhood news beyond the CCA; (3) Encourage & facilitate neighbor engagement
o Goal for content = Match electronic outreach, social media and other forms of communication to be reinforcing
o Newsletter - consistent schedule, recapping events, sections devoted to the various teams, featured neighbors, other ways t
o Website & social media - reinforce info in newsletter, engage people online on a team - source of ongoing conversation, sharing DC info more broadly
o Fan of Crestwood book – get another printing of book (100 years 100 acres). Bill Bently is local neighborhood publisher (though note that we do have extra copies of book and available for purchase for $25 on CCA website)
o Also suggestion to keep an angie’s list of helpers (sitters, carpenters)
o Be sure to thank 12 names of helpers who monitor dog stations.
o Idea to ask people to contribute information to newsletters.
· Dallas – WaPo distributor used to distribute the CW newsletter. Recommends again exploring to help w/hard copy distribution.
· Gale Black:
o suggests posting hard copy signs up ahead of any meeting (6 different places – in 3 days ahead). Block contacts would distribute in past and could again.
o Kiosk was an idea for physical locations for relevant info (locations at Colorado, Triangle, Point)
5. ANC 4A08 Update (Pavan)
· Traffic Safety - 311 request# required for DDOT to do anything including speed humps
· Traffic Safety Walk Through at 3:30 pm on Friday May 20, starting 16th/Blagden … Walk through this Friday afternoon with Councilwoman George
· -need 311 request to have info on specific incidents re traffic safety
· Dallas – Only way to get detail is FOIA request.
· Q from Patricia re speed camera at Blagden/Allison and whether 311 requests filed … Pavan unsure.
6. Other announcements
· Carter Barron Reconstruction Update (Pavan)
o NPS working on rehabilitation on stage and amphitheater in general and has started design phase, ultimate construction and related funding (federal) = still TBD re. next steps …
o Carter Barron cleanup happening this Saturday … chance to see inside as well (socially distant) from 9 am - 12 PM, register in advance via rockcreekconservancy.org
o Reminder: Ban on gas powered leaf blowers
7. Neighbor concerns and questions
· Standing water reminders from Doug re. mosquitos
· Aging in Place update - discussion/updates; email on website = firstname.lastname@example.org
· Beach Drive - no specific update re. re-opening (likely another 6 months)
· Traffic on Blagden concerns to NPS