During these COVID-19 challenging times, we want to make sure that those who are most at risk get the support they need. Many of our neighbors do not receive our emails or check this website. Please check in by telephone with your neighbors who may need assistance.
Many Crestwood folks have offered to help go to the store, check in periodically, or otherwise help out. The way to connect with our volunteers is to email email@example.com.
The following are some ideas of ways that neighbors can help neighbors:
If you have any thoughts or ideas, please share them with us at firstname.lastname@example.org - let's all work together.
- University students may need to vacate their current housing situation. If you can offer a room, maybe we can help connect people.
- As the weather is getting nicer, there is nothing to say that we can't take advantage of our lovely neighborhood as long as we stay 6 feet away from others. Hello Yoga At The Triangle, aka "Moms and Dads need to get away from their kids for an hour so honey I'm leaving." If you're interested in leading a yoga class, nature walk, or something else, let us know and we'l see if we can put something together and send out information.
- If you can do it safety, checking in on older neighbors that may need supplies but do not wish to go to the store can be very helpful. You may even be able to order delivery to their address and/or pick something up for them that they may need.
- Social distancing can lead to feelings of isolation and loneliness in older adults. Think about ways you can engage your neighbors - maybe take a walk outside together, visit in a safe manner if the neighbor is open to it, or even ramping up phone calls could help.
- If you're handy and bored, maybe you can offer to help people with projects around the house at a discounted rate? Or maybe you can be on call for emergency plumbing help?